March 24, 2008

snowflakes and sunburns

H. Bowlin - Magnolia Plantation


today's lyrics

All creatures drink joy
At the breasts of nature;
All the good, all the evil
Follow her roses' trail.
Kisses she gave us, and wine,
A friend, proven unto death;
Pleasure to the worm granted,
And the cherubs stand before God.

Symphony no. 9 (Beethoven)

It's only Monday, but this week became a long week at 8:00 am this morning. God bless my psychology professors, because trying to talk to the ten or so students who showed up for class today about course scheduling for the next semester was probably unpleasant. Thankfully, my switch to a psychology major won't cause too many problems. It's actually quite simple. Maybe now my mother will get that panicked look out of her eyes.

Then it was on to my regression analysis class, which I adore. I could do interaction models and ANOVA all day.

However, it was snowing when I walked to the library. Snowing. After spending the past week in Charleston, where I received a sunburn which rendered me unable to walk for a day, I was confused. I was shivering, but my nose was starting to peel and I still had trouble moving my joints enough to climb the stairs.

Then, I had to walk all the way back across campus in my crisis of climate to my social science class. Which I loathe. Wherein I received my five-page, required paper, about my home county in Illinois. How I managed to turn corn, soy, and State Farm into five pages, I haven't a clue. And then discovered that my professor gave me a 65. Because I "didn't" include three interviews. Which I cited in every paragraph in said paper. This was a fun after class discussion, especially since I underlined said passages. Seriously. Professors should be able to read.

In other news, I've decided to start this again. For real this time.



Fin

No comments: