August 01, 2008

antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

today's lyrics

Judex ergo cum sedebit,
quidquid latet, apparebit,
nil inultum remanebit.
Quid sum miser tunc dicturus?
quem patronum rogaturus,
cum vix justus sit securus?

Mozart's Requiem: Tuba mirum (Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart)

When the judge takes his place,
what is hidden will be revealed,
nothing will remain unavenged.
What shall a wretch like me say?
Who shall intercede for me,
when the just ones need mercy?

There are now, officially, twenty-six days until I have to register for fall classes. Blast. But, I still have twenty-six days during which to read...because the University Which Must Be Obeyed tends to not allow for much time during the semester.

I'm thinking this is a good time for Agatha Christie, since we've been having so many power outtages and thunderstorms.

In other news, I wish the parents of the children I babysit would learn basic telephone etiquette. Don't get me wrong, I think they're a wonderful family and their children are surprisingly well-behaved, given current parenting trends. Maybe it's just the way I was raised, but I believe that:
  • Phone calls should not be made before 7:30 am.
  • Phone calls should not be made during dinnertime (5:00 pm - 6:30 pm). Because seriously, thou shalt not behave as a telemarketer.
  • Phone calls should be returned within forty-eight hours. If I cannot accomidate your requests for babysitting times, it is probably because you called me at the last minute and I couldn't rearrange my work schedule.
  • Always, always leave a number where you can be reached.


I'm also annoyed that textbooks are costing me my arm, leg, and soul.

No comments: