August 24, 2008

sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare

today's lyrics

somewhere i have never travelled, gladly beyond
any experience,your eyes have their silence:
in your most frail gesture are things which enclose me,
or which i cannot touch because they are too near

your slightest look will easily unclose me
though i have closed myself as fingers,
you open always petal by petal myself as Spring opens
(touching skillfully,mysteriously)her first rose

somewhere i have never travelled,gladly beyond (e.e. cummings)

Classes begin in three days. Chaos.

  • I really, really need to clean out my closet and donate my old clothes to Goodwill. I've been meaning to do this all summer. I think my mother is going to use my sweaters from 7th grade to throttle me if this is not completed by the University Which Must Be Obeyed's winter break.
  • I really, really need to organize the remaining clothes. This may or may not require a trip to Bed, Bath, and Beyond or Target for closet organizers.
  • I really, really need to procure a planner of some sort. Otherwise, a paper for Cultural Psychology might get turned in at my Language Development, and vice versa. With three psychology classes in one semester, anything is probable.
  • I really, really need to purchase a birthday present for Dad. Because otherwise, I'll probably go to Hell with the unbaptized infants.
  • I really, really want to re-read The Canterbury Tales

But instead, I'm using tomorrow to go shopping with Mom and the BFF. Which will commence with removing my dad's 70lb kyak from the top of the van, then a trip to the University Which Must Be Obeyed to procure another student I.D.

Yup. That sounds about right.

No comments: